If you are self-harming here are some alternitives. I know that self-harming takes away your emotional pain just for a moment, but there is help out there.
- My personal favourite. I’m not sure how you self-harm but I assume you cut, now what I want you to do is think of someone who loves you, someone who would be devestated if they found out (e.g. your parents, sibling, friends, even a celebrity who would be crushed to think a fan is harming themselves) and write their name on the place you self harm, each time you go to cut think of them and how it would hurt them, imagine you are cutting them. Tearing them apart limb from limb, each time you hurt yourslef you hurt them, each time you cut yourself you cut them.
- The Butterfly project The Butterfly Project has been created for self-harmers who feel they are ready to stop and need the motivation or support to do so. A member’s hypnotherapist, who found this idea on an online blog and felt that it was a good idea that should be promoted as a distraction, has recommended it. The idea is simple. The self-harmer simply draws a butterfly on their place of self-harm and, if the butterfly fades without them self-harming, it means it has lived and flown away, giving them a sense of achievement. Whereas if they do self-harm with the butterfly there; they will have to wash it off. If that does happen, they can start again by drawing a new one on. If you self harm or cut the butterfly you killed and have to start again.
- Rubber Band This is and alternative to cutting wear a rubber band on your wrist and instead of cutting, pull the band back and snap it against your wrist, giving you the feeling of punishment.
- TALK - you can always talk to me it can help and can make you feel like there are people who are here for you
- Councillor I know it’s the last place you want to go, but they can really help, they support you and can provide you with more help and proffesional help, better than anything I can tell you
There is help and I am alwasy here for you. Chin Up Beautiful, I Love You<3